What a quick month April has been! Lots of exciting news and events this month. Let’s see what we’ve been up to..
- Pub dinner & member feedback session
- Kiltwalk practice at Duthie Park
- Karaoke night (linking with The Breadmaker)
- Fraserburgh day out
We kickstarted our April events with a trip to the cinema. We went to Cineworld to see Dumbo which members thoroughly enjoyed. Sarah, our Director, did a brilliant job of leading the event by herself!
Pub dinner and member feedback session
We held our pub dinner and feedback session at Justice Mill Lane – Wetherspoons is always a popular choice with members! AC attended her first event with Sarah and Louise. They met with members and enjoyed hearing their ideas for events. Thank you all for your suggestions!
Some ideas included:
- Linking up with more groups in Aberdeenshire
- More weekend events
- Getting active with different sport and dancing
- Boat trips, laser tag and innoflate
- More interest in dating aspect!
We also had a national member, John, join us for the event which was lovely. Its great when national members, from Glasgow, make the trip up to Aberdeen for our events, we look forward to seeing you (and other national members) at future events.
Kiltwalk practice walk (at Duthie Park)
Our second practice walk for the Kiltwalk was at Duthie Park. It was a chilly and windy day but after a few brisk strolls around the park looking at all the beautiful Spring flowers with members and Tracey the dog, we soon warmed up. This wasn’t the best attended event so we hope you’re all practicing for the Kiltwalk at home!
If you haven’t already signed up for the Kiltwalk and would like to please contact dates-n-mates to register your place. Follow the link for more information: Kiltwalk
We linked up with The Breadmaker for karaoke at Café Bardot’s and this made for a really buzzin’ night full of singing, dancing and cheering. Members were very keen to get up on the mic and showcase their skills, there wasn’t a quiet moment all night! We had a range of songs, from the Greatest Showman, Bon Jovi and Ed Shereen. Well done to everyone that sang, it’s fantastic to see members confidence grow!
It was fantastic linking up with The Breadmaker, it’s always nice to have another group to arrange fun events with. We will look into setting up another event in future.
Fraserburgh day out
A small group of us went out to Fraserburgh where we met up with another member that lives near the area. The first thing we did was hit the nearest pub, The Saltoun Inn, to fuel up on some lunch before a little look around the shops in town. It was a gorgeous sunny day so we bought some ice creams and had a lovely stroll by the sea.
- Our Project Coordinator, Louise, met with some of the RGU Events Students for the big cheque presentation – the Hollywood Hits fundraiser they did for us raised an incredible total of £1476.14.
- More fundraising news! Three students from North East Scotland College organised a speed dating evening and raised an amazing £230 for us! Thank you for all your efforts, we really appreciate it!
- AC has settled into her role as Marketing and Events Coordinator and has been enjoying getting to know the team and members.
- Congratulations to Laurie on the birth of her lovely baby Freya. Both mum and baby are happy & healthy. We can’t wait to meet her!
- Sent out invites for May and June – save the date for the 15th May for our CommuniTEA Party for Learning Disability Week!
Another fun month has been and gone. Looking forward to what next month has in store…